Ever wonder why we do what we do? Other than to get in the best shape of our life? Here is an oldie but a goodie...ENJOY!
CrossFit’s main goal is to improve an athlete’s General Physical Preparedness (GPP). How is this measured?
One standard that CrossFit uses is the 10 General Physical Skills:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance: The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina: The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility: the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
- Power: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed: The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination: The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility: The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance: The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy: The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
It is clear through CrossFit Conquest's programming, that we strive to touch upon all of the above skills.